Missed some sessions today? We’ve got the Spark Notes versions for you!
Five Winning Strategies to Sell More Used Cars | Tommy Gibbs, Tommy Gibbs & Associates
- You won’t maximize your potential in new until you reduce your turn in used.
- Independent dealers sold 14 million cars in 2012 and where do they get them? From Franchise dealers.
- Check out FixedROI.com, which can help dealers calculate ROI on similar vehicles
- Track your cost per unit sold — daily.
- The longer you keep a car the more expensive it is
Purse Power: Sell and Market to Digital Divas| Meredith Oliver, Creating WOW Communications
- Sell convenience, such as childcare or activities for kids — and definitely more than a loop TV of Charlie Brown. This goes for the product, too — does a vehicle go longer between fill-ups? Have a great entertainment system? Remember that men aren’t the only ones interested in technology.
- Safety – Safety matters, and not just at the vehicle — they also want to feel respected and safe at the dealership.
- Value – this doesn’t mean cheap, it means more safety, features, style and convenience for their money. Think Target vs. Wal-Mart, Oliver said.
- Style – Oliver said she’s seeing the trend that women are willing to spend a little more for style.
- Finally, everyone in the dealership should be able to answer this question: why do female car buyer from your dealership?
Looking for more coverage from the show? Check out our NADA hub at dealers.cars.com/nada2013.